It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
Whether you are prepared or not, Christmas is just around the corner and let's be honest, we all plan to be more organised every year but then life gets in the way and before you know it you are running around like a headless chicken scrambling to get Aunt Bettie a last minute present. If this is you, then don't feel bad as you are just like the rest of us. We share our best tips for a smooth Christmas day. Enjoy...
Please feel free to comment below with any tips or ideas you may have. By doing so you will have a chance to win a free gift (drawn at the end of each month). Share it on Facebook and we will love you forever.
1. Have a list prepared for the kids with activities & exercises to give them plenty to do. We have even prepared a list for you which can be found by clicking here. This will help free up time for yourself to get all the essential tasks done, like making sure you don't burn the Turkey.
2. Save yourself from constantly changing the Christmas music. Spotify has a great collection of Christmas playlists to choose from. Check it out here.
3. Start a food shopping list... today! Consider getting them delivered to save time & hassle. Prepare your delicious feast well in advance and ensure you have all the basic ingredients weeks before Xmas day. It can save a tonne of stress and hassle of having to scoot to the supermarket to buy some baking powder.
4. Make space for everything in advance. How about clearing out the cupboards and wardrobes of those old knick-knacks that have been lying around for years. A good spring clean of the kitchen in November will make Christmas day a whole lot easier.
5. Buy a spare gift and wrap it. You never know if an extra cousin will turn up and to spare the awkwardness when they give you a gift, have a backup. Get a gift card so if you don't use it, you can always spend it yourself.
6. Start a gift list and a budget before you shop. Things can easily get out of hand and before you know it you have blown the budget. If you start with a simple list of who you are buying for and a rough estimate of how much for each person, you will then know how much to budget for gifts.
7. This one is kinda obvious but don't leave it too late. Many people don't know the cut-off date for things like personalised gifts is around the 15th of December. If you go beyond that date you will have to pay more for postage. Spare the disappointment and buy early.
8. Keep your daily rituals. If you always have a coffee and read a book in the morning, stick to it. Less stress is the key for a fun packed Christmas day.
9. Request free gift wrapping. A lot of places offer free gift wrapping when asked. Heck, if you ask us we might even be so kind to say yes.
10. Relax. This is a day to enjoy. No need to stress at all. It may be a big day with kids running around everywhere but you have every right to enjoy the day and days after. Book a day spa or manicure a few days after to help unwind.